Why Should I Become an Ordained Minister?2 Words - Legal Rights
As an ordained minister you can legally provide religious services
- Scripture tells us "So let everyone of you according to the gifts they have received from the Creator, minister the same to your fellowmen,"................1 Peter 4:10. There are as many ways to minister as there are gifts from the Creator! Here are a few to consider.
- Healing Ministry - faith healing and laying on of hands, Reiki, hypnotherapy, massage, energy work, Tantra* or other alternative rituals or practices intended to heal the body, mind or spirit
- Spiritual Advising - Prayer, Tarot readings, psychic advising, Astrology, Bibliomancy or other spiritual practice intended to channel the guidance of Divine will for others.
- Build your own congregation or community outreach program - often times people feel called to serve but do not have the means or desire to attend a traditional seminary or education program. It was not until well after 250 AD that the business of training Priest and Ministers began. Prior to that, people followed the Spiritual guidance from within – Here at The Universal Light, we still uphold that method!
- Officiate weddings and other milestones of life - There are many rites of passage to be marked in a person's life: baby blessings, confirmations of faith, marriage ceremonies, and memorial services to name just a few. As an ordained member of clergy you will be able to officiate ceremonies to mark these important milestones.
"So let everyone of you according to the gifts they have received from the Creator, minister the same to your fellowmen,"................1 Peter 4:10
If you are like many people seeking online ordination through TUL, you believe that healing is a holistic process involving body, mind, and spirit! The numbers in this graphic from www.seano.org probably don't come as much of a surprise.
Yet the AMA is constantly trying to get more and more States, as has Florida, to change their laws to read: ‘You cannot practice healing or health care without a license.’ We have many who have become ordained ministers in Florida even practicing Reiki without problems. We have ordained ministers in the US, Canada, England, France, Hong Kong, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Iran, Denmark, Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, Switzerland and the U.K.
The Buddha - "Every human being is the author of his own health or disease."
You too can become ordained legally!
The purpose of most ‘religions’, (belief systems) is to grow in membership. Ours is simply to state what it is. Most ‘Churches’ are buildings, ours is not. There are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, Neo Pagans, and Hindus who have become ordained and acknowledged their membership in The Universal Light (TUL) . We embrace all . Donald A. Rosenthal, ND.; PhD. Executive Director of the American Alternative Medical Association and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners; Dr. Marijah McCain of the Herbal Healer Academy; Dharmadevi (Alli Dahlhaus) of the Reiki Blessings Academy; and Dr. Gale Kurtz President of the Traditional School of Sacred Arts have acknowledged their membership in and have become ordained legally in TUL. Some of your closest friends or neighbors may have become ordained ministers as well. If you become an ordained minister in TUL, your 1st Amendment rights to preach and educate about the benefits of whatever modalities you believe in, are protected. If you become an ordained minister in a different church and its mission is focused on 'single use' ordinations for wedding officiants and not for the promotion of holistic healing through natural means (the Creator’s), you may be well advised to transfer your ordination. Remember, if you become an ordained minister, you separate yourself from State laws regarding religious beliefs and come under the 1st. Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise therof; etc...."
Now is the time to make this move. You cannot become an ordained minister to circumvent the law. You CAN seek ordination to practice your religious beliefs. If you believe in natural healing and 'alternative' healing practices like Prayer, Reiki, Tantra, acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, massage,Chakra balancing, yoga or some other modality and want to serve others, becoming an ordained minister through TUL can help you establish a healing ministry.
If you believe in the Mission, become a DEACON for a one time charge of only $7. Become an ordained Minister in The Universal Light if you help others and believe in the Mission. See our Order Form. If you are already an ordained minister with TUL and would like to be added to our links page please email